What We Believe In
- True Friendship; we extend an “Assisting Hand” to one another; we seek to exact harmony and prevent strife among our members
- The primacy of Alma Mater; we are loyal students and alumni for life
- The promotion of knowledge and the advancement of culture
- The virtues of Truth, Temperance,and Tolerance
- The usefulness of our Fraternity; we seek the mutual benefit and improvement of all our members and strive to serve our country and our fellow man
“An Assisting Hand”
“Alma Mater First and Theta Chi for Alma Mater”
The Fraternity Maxim is used in Theta Chi to emphasize our commitment to the missions of the institutions where Theta Chi is present. We believe that our members share a lifelong responsibility to be active participants in campus affairs and their local communities.
Written by Frank H. Schrenk, Kappa/University of Pennsylvania 1915, the Creed has become an important part of our traditions and is a public expression of our ideals and objectives as a fraternity.